There are many things that we might appreciate about children but sometimes, it is not the way they act or look that grabs our attention. Children also have a built-in ability to “tell it like it is” and we love it when they do. Of course, there are some parents who would argue that point but in the end, children have a sense of wisdom that many adults would do well to follow on occasion.
All of us are aware that children tend to speak from the heart and that is why there was a popular television show, “Kids Say the Darndest Things.” Perhaps you are familiar with that show from the 90s but it was also on TV decades earlier and it was a hit then as well! When children speak, they don’t have concerns over what other people are thinking about them or how their sense of wisdom is going to be viewed. As long as we look at it and take it for what it’s worth, we can learn a little something and perhaps even have a laugh at the same time.
Here are some of the top wise statements from children. You will love them.
1. Stay away from prunes. – Randy, 9
2. When your mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair. – Talia, 11
3. Never trust a dog to watch your food. – Patrick, 10
4. Don’t pull dad’s finger when he tells you to. – Emily, 10
5. Never tell your mom her diet’s not working. – Michael, 14
6. Felt markers are not good to use as lipstick. – Lauren, 9
7. Never pee on an electric fence. – Robert, 13
8. Don’t pick on your sister when she’s holding a baseball bat. – Joel, 10
9. When you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse. – Naomi, 15
10. When your dad is mad and asks you, “Do I look stupid?’, don’t answer him. – Michael, 14
11. When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your mom when she’s on the phone. – Alyesha, 13
12. Never try to baptize a cat. – Eileen, 8
13. Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a Tic-Tac. – Andrew, 9
14. You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk. – Amir, 9